Production Maintenance Mechanic/ Line Lead - 2nd shift/ 3rd shift
Maintenance Mechanic/ Production Technical Line Lead
Background & Purpose of the Job: Unilever Jonesboro provides a holistic and hygienic choice of personal care brands that benefit the mind, body, and health of consumers while minimizing environmental footprints and promoting the individual growth of our people. Our "mission of wellbeing" is quickly becoming the new status symbol for health and beauty.
The Maintenance Mechanic Production Line Lead is called a Technical Operator Line Lead that provides support to the production area to meet Quality, Safety, and Productivity goals. Supervise and instruct team members in the production of quality products at the lowest cost to the company.
Location of the job: Jonesboro, AR
Base Pay: $31.53
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Profit Sharing | Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Monthly Bonus Payouts | Uniforms and PPE provided| Career Advancement Opportunities*
Additional Perks for the “Jonesboro” location
Perfect Attendance Incentive - perfect attendance gives opportunity to earn additional time off or attendance point removal
Volunteer Shift Incentive - voluntarily working extra shifts during business needs gives opportunity to earn additional time off or attendance point removal
Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses subsidy
Onsite Company store with opportunity for friends/family to shop
Subsidy for Uniform shirts- Employee picks style (dri-fit material, long or short sleeves, polo shirts, etc.)
Company dinners and fun engagement activities periodically
Free fresh popcorn
What You’ll Do:
- Technical -Knowledge and application of technical skills to Operate, Maintain, Improve and Repair equipment. This allows production targets to be met safely, at the right level of quality and on time. Understand the principles of mechanism and motion and be able to conduct changeovers, basic repairs and adjustments (e.g.Cams, slides, bearings, belts and pulleys).
- Work with other Leaders on entire Jonesboro production lines on a continuous basis making recommendations on continuous improvement and challenge the status quo to drive quality and efficiencies.
- Continuously improve the processes and machinery through various principles of Lean and Just-in-time production to reduce cost, improve quality, and improve the ergonomic safety of our team members.
- Manage all aspects of personnel working in the production cell responsible for producing quality product in a safe manner.
- Coordinate all aspects of compounding, filling, and packaging of products for an assigned work cell.
- Perform various maintenance to equipment, including training machine operators on basic maintenance.
- Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses etc.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- High School Diploma required.
- Must have 2 years’ experience completing routine mechanical maintenance tasks in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong experience in analytical problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with peers, other managers, and hourly employees.
- Experience working in a high-performance team-based work environment.
What You’ll Love About his job:
- Working as a team member, coaching/training others, and supporting production
- Great work life balance environment
- Awesome benefits and onsite company store
- Contribution on the team helps obtain a monthly bonus
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
*Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.