Quality Manager, Corlu IC
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE
- To set the quality targets accordingly with company’s strategy and then consumers’ and customers’ expectations.
- To establish and sustain site quality management system that addresses the risk of non-conformance to product quality and product safety.
- Responsible for practical implementation of the quality systems to ensure that all raw and packaging materials used, and all finished goods meet the required quality standards.
- Coordinate and lead the product safety system at production like HACCP, GMP, calibration, traceability, hygiene and responsible for compliance with applicable regulatory and labelling requirements.
- To support new product development, continuous improvement, and cost reduction activities by integrating quality tools in the process
- Supervise correct functioning of factory laboratory by respecting Good Laboratory Practices.
- To improve suppliers’ quality standards and participate in supplier visits and assessments.
- Supervise quality & food safety management system & GMP implementations in relation to requirements of certification bodies.
- Provide leadership for developing and directing Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement initiatives throughout the whole Supply Chain as Quality Pillar Leader.
- For new products and new processes, cooperate with R&D and Engineering to make sure that all requirements are defined to ensure that production team can produce accordingly with the expected targets.
- To cooperate with production & engineering & planning teams to have proper procedures for the adherence to the plan.
- To ensure proper quality incident investigation is done and proper RCA identified.
- To train site workforce and to certify where necessary.
- Allocate CAPEX and Non-CAPEX resources for corrective and preventive actions to be taken.
- To manage customer and consumer complaints for RCA, provide responses, and determine corrective and/or preventative actions.
- To implement the quality framework for manufacturing partners and re-packers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities through experience in production, quality, or materials management is required.
- Strong understanding of quality systems, structured problem solving and continuous improvement concepts and practices with exceptional analytical, root-cause-analysis skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others through a matrixed environment is required.
- Must have the ability to manage project and project teams from inception to completion including hitting deadlines and documenting progress.
Experiences & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Quality or Supply Chain.
- University degree in science or engineering fields, preferably food engineering.
- Standard MS Office tools knowledge is a must.
- Fluent in English & Turkish, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge about Quality Management, Allergen Management, Incident Management, Hygiene Management, Root Cause Analysis, Incident Management, Auditing.
- You are an inclusive motivator of people. Your team deliver with real passion, growing and learning from each other whilst delivering quick wins.
- You are still responsible for your own results and as a manager, you also need to motivate others to deliver with passion, creating an inclusive and engaging climate around you. You can balance challenge with support and coaching. You understand the wider business context and you are emotionally intelligent enough to motivate people to deliver what is needed.
- Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Has emotional intelligence to take feedback, manage mood and motivations, and build empathy for others.
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Generates intensity and focus to motivate people to deliver results at speed. Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results.
- TALENT CATALYST: Invests in people – coaches individuals and teams to realize their full potential. Creates an inclusive climate, empowering everyone to be at their best.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- BUSINESS ACUMEN: Creates sustainable growth with purpose, engaging different partners across the system for change.
Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicants from all walks of life! This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.