Human Resource Specialist
Interested in joining our Factory team? We have the perfect opportunity for you. Keep reading to learn more about this job. For additional opportunities, Click here for the full list of vacancies.
Title of role: Human Resources Specialist
Background & Purpose of the Job: Unilever Jonesboro provides a holistic and hygienic choice of personal care brands that benefit the mind, body, and health of consumers while minimizing environmental footprints and promoting the individual growth of our people. Our "mission of wellbeing" is quickly becoming the new status symbol for health and beauty.
You will be working directly with the People Experience Lead as the HR Specialist. The role is incredibly varied and covers a range of work that relates to administration, company culture, event planning, community outreach, human resources, and more.
Location of the job: Jonesboro, AR
Pay: $26.43, paid weekly
Shift: Monday through Friday, Day shift with ability to flex schedule as needed to support other shifts
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Profit Sharing | Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Monthly Bonus Payouts | Uniforms and PPE provided| Career Advancement Opportunities*
Additional Perks for the “Jonesboro” location
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses subsidy
- Onsite Company store with opportunity for friends/family to shop
- Subsidy for Uniform shirts- Employee picks style (dri-fit material, long or short sleeves, polo shirts, etc.)
- Company dinners and fun engagement activities periodically
- Free fresh popcorn
- Free coffee
What You’ll Do & What You’ll Do:
- Manage calendar, including booking domestic and international travel, occasionally doing so for other leadership team members as well. Also responsible for expense management.
- Help coordinate & support new hire orientation, other trainings, & company store.
- Administer internal leadership meetings, as well as liaise with Unilever leadership and external partners, when necessary.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for team communications.
- Process hourly payroll, bonuses, one-off pay transactions, & various reporting via payroll software. Use ticketing system to provide support for ensuring accurate employee data.
- Assist with logging disciplinary actions & evaluations.
- Help manage hourly recruitment. Plan team events ranging from internal workshops to external engagements. Help coordinate donations, volunteer programs, & other community related initiatives to help support employee engagement & community involvement.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 1-3 years of relevant human resources & payroll experience preferred.
- Experience with event planning (internal and external community events) and full coordination of VIP visitors to the site.
- Manage Kronos, employee payroll system.
- Familiarity with PowerPoint, Excel, and Concur preferred.
- Interest in a constantly changing workload, and adaptability to urgent needs.
- Passion for solving problems on the fly, often with tight timelines and little guidance.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to communicate with all levels of internal & external contacts.
- Ability to flex schedule as needed.
What You’ll Love About his job:
- Working as a team with the warehouse and production line
- Great work life balance environment
- Awesome benefits and onsite company store
- Contribution on the team helps obtain a quarterly bonus
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
*Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.