Finance Business Partner - Home Care
Job Title: Finance Business Partner – Home Care
We are looking for talent to join our Home Care Finance team when the next vacancy arises. Whilst we don’t have a role right now, we do expect to relatively soon. If you are interested in joining the HC Finance team please do apply, we look forward to hearing from you.
Unilever Home Care Business Group accounts for ~20% of Unilever’s Turnover and ~15% of Operating Profit. It includes €1bn+ brands like Dirt is Good, Sunlight, Comfort and other brands including Domestos & Cif. The category generates majority of its sales in emerging markets where strong future growth is most likely and holds number one position in 7 out of its top 10 markets. Sustainability is a key pillar of the Home Care’s strategy, reflected in our Clean Future commitments and innovation programs.
The Global Home Care Finance team partners our global cross-functional business teams and other local finance teams to set and implement strategy, drive performance, and ensure value generation in almost 100 markets that we operate in. We are known to be a high-performing, diverse and inclusive team: our members come from different backgrounds, hold ~15+ nationalities and together we speak more than 20 languages. We have a strong learning culture and have high standards for our work. We work hard, learn well, have fun, and care for each other.
The role of the Finance Business Partner is to develop and drive the financial strategy & business performance of certain brands and lead cross category projects. The finance business partner regularly attends Brand Leadership Teams or Category Leadership Teams and will focus on the value creation agenda.
This will include providing Finance Business Partnering leadership in the following areas:
- Commercially shape the medium to long term direction of their respective brands or pillars.
- Drive prioritization, dynamic resource allocation and connection to the financial growth model.
- Business case development and benefit realisation for project investments.
- Strategically influence senior stakeholders.
The role will business partner at least 1 Global Brand and extended teams across clusters. It will be an “agile” member of the relevant brand Community (attending when relevant) and at times may have to stretch across to other brands and cluster projects within Home Care.
- Partner the Brand VP on the category strategy craft.
- Partner with Brand Directors in business modelling, competitor benchmarking, shadow P&Ls.
- Identify value opportunities that require a particular intervention / project support from Finance Business Partner resources and allocate resources as appropriate. Likely to include GM, Pricing, market development.
- Review impacts of performance interventions
- Partner with Categories to complete active portfolio reviews
- Identify major risks and opportunities.
- Develop and lead business cases for BG led innovations, in collaboration with global brand teams, as well as the counterparts across CMI, R&D and supply chain globally and locally.
- Influence key decision gates of innovation and land portfolio strategy.
- Coordinate innovation post launch performance conversation together with innovation champions and BU finance, drive interventions if needed.
- Drive value creation innovation as part of the category innovation process and may also lead for 5S program.
- Drive better decision making around resource allocation and budget setting. Support on prioritisation and activation of a ZBB (Zero Based Budgeting) mind-set within the Category and Brand.
- Lead various cross-category projects across categories, aimed at stepping up finance capabilities, such as Sustainability, Media ROI, financial modelling etc.
- Lead team of 1 or more WL1s and support the setting of the Home Care Finance Analyst workplan and build up talent pipelines.
ALL ABOUT YOU
Knowledge & Skills
- Communication and influencing skills.
- Business acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Accountability and responsibility
- Ability to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders
- Strong team leadership skills on direct/indirect team
- Experience in financial, operational, and business partnering roles preferably within marketing, supply chain or customer development.
- Excellent analytical skills, high attention to detail. Experiences working with large data valuable.
- Solid P&L understanding. Combination of business partnering and performance management experiences valuable.
- Experience in managing a large and complex set of stakeholders.
- Experience in presenting to and communicating with senior Finance and non-Finance people.
- Demonstrated competency at growing and developing people / teams.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
In September 2020, Unilever announced the intention to build a new sustainable campus site in Kingston, London to house the employees who currently work in 100 Victoria Embankment in Blackfriars, Lever House in Kingston and Graze in Richmond. We are creating our own Unilever sustainable, agile work environment, purposefully bringing us together in our own Unilever ecosystem. The campus is due to be completed in early 2025 and will consist of two interconnected buildings, as well as landscaped surrounding areas.
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, subsidised gym membership, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together for better business performance. We want to push boundaries, and have the flexibility needed to keep adapting in an ever-changing, more dynamic world. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
As part of your hiring journey, we are happy to support requests for reasonable adjustments, to improve your recruitment experience.
To find out more, including more information about our Employee Resource Groups, please click here.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money. In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!