Assistant Procurement Finance Manager - Global PC&BW BG
Job Title: Assistant Procurement Finance Manager - Global PC&BW BG
Procurement Finance (PF) is a diverse global finance team partnering the Procurement function which has under its management € 38 bn. of material and marketing/business services spends. The PF organization is led by the VP Procurement Finance and has performance management, BG procurement partnering and Power of One portfolio partnering, under its purview. The function is critical to managing the competitiveness of the direct and indirect spends of the business.
The role is focused on value partnering the Global PC and B&W Team. This is a critical role that will help support the value creation agenda of those BGs, working closely with both the Procurement and PC/B&W leadership team.
The job entails the following:
- Leading performance management
- Driving value creation agenda in the network/BGs (short/medium/long term)
- Partnering one or multiple BUs
- Unlocking value through proactive contract reviews and benchmarking, CRM compliance and coverage expansion, participation in major contract negotiations and value chain reviews.
- Leading business case reviews pertaining to Sustainability / Backward integrations / Investments.
- Leading FX Optimization / localization initiatives in markets characterized by volatile currencies.
- Savings opportunity Identification (BS/PL) and reviews.
- Identify cash generation opportunities through payment extensions including among other things analysis of cost vs cash initiatives and supplier financing schemes.
- Financial Assessment on top suppliers for financial stability
Forecast and Performance management
- Establish a forecast view for the network and BG, through liaison with procurement teams through sound review and challenge of drivers.
- Working closely with Central and Markets Procurement Finance Excellence Teams to ensure forecast generated is in line with expectations.
- Independently leading performance management for PC & BW procurement targets (Cost, Cash and Competitiveness) with regular updates to BG and Finance LT. Key tasks include: analysing the forecast, driving gap closing conversations vs targets, building a clear forecast narrative and presenting to the LT.
- Being the key Procurement Finance contact for one or multiple BUs, connecting between the procurement teams and the BU teams to share latest forecast views and narrative and look for opportunities to unlock value in those specific regions.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Resilience (ability to cope with time pressure and challenges)
- High degree of flexibility and ability to quickly understand new topics
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders and business partners
- Strong engagement, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner (Material insights, link to P&L)
- Strong analytical skills, Excel modelling skills and attention to detail
- Creative and innovative
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
In September 2020, Unilever announced the intention to build a new sustainable campus site in Kingston, London to house the employees who currently work in 100 Victoria Embankment in Blackfriars, Lever House in Kingston and Graze in Richmond. We are creating our own Unilever sustainable, agile work environment, purposefully bringing us together in our own Unilever ecosystem. The campus is due to be completed in early 2025 and will consist of two interconnected buildings, as well as landscaped surrounding areas.
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, subsidised gym membership, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together for better business performance. We want to push boundaries, and have the flexibility needed to keep adapting in an ever-changing, more dynamic world. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
As part of your hiring journey, we are happy to support requests for reasonable adjustments, to improve your recruitment experience.
To find out more, including more information about our Employee Resource Groups, please click here.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money. In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!