Automation and Controls Technician- 2nd Shift, Monday -Friday
Interested in joining our Factory team? We have the perfect opportunity for you. Keep reading to learn more about this job. For additional opportunities, Click here for the full list of vacancies.
Title of role: Controls Technician
Background & Purpose of the Job: Unilever Jonesboro provides a holistic and hygienic choice of personal care brands that benefit the mind, body, and health of consumers while minimizing environmental footprints and promoting the individual growth of our people. Our "mission of wellbeing" is quickly becoming the new status symbol for health and beauty.
This position is responsible for plan layout, fabricate, install, maintain, and repair a wide variety of complex electrical and electronic equipment. Develop small projects to improve equipment/ process safety, quality, and efficiency, working with a wide variety of complex electrical and electronic equipment. Provide technical knowledge and training, troubleshooting ability and resident knowledge of advanced technology systems (PLC systems). Develop PLC programming and direct and organize project activities. In this position the employee will work in different areas with different manufacturing equipment.
Location of the job: Jonesboro, AR
Base Pay: $33.44, with an additional $.60 shift differential for the PM shift assignments, paid weekly
Shift: 3:00pm- 11:15pm, Monday- Friday
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Profit Sharing | Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Monthly Bonus Payouts | Uniforms and PPE provided| Career Advancement Opportunities*
Additional Perks for the “Jonesboro” location
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses subsidy
- Onsite Company store with opportunity for friends/family to shop
- Subsidy for Uniform shirts- Employee picks style (dri-fit material, long or short sleeves, polo shirts, etc.)
- Company dinners and fun engagement activities periodically
- Free fresh popcorn
- Free coffee
What You’ll Do:
- Operate, maintain, improve, and repair equipment. Diagnose/ test PLC and Instrumentation problems, Diagnose/test equipment to correct malfunctions and makes improvement to accommodate new product and/or improve safety, operational quality, and productivity.
- Ability to change and develop PLC programs. Read/write PLC logic across multiple versions, strong working knowledge of all Allen Bradley software, be able to create/edit HMI system with factory talk ME/SE, basic understanding and troubleshooting on AB motion control systems. General electrical skills, troubleshooting equipment, wiring diagrams, etc.…
- Interpret data, identify problems, and formulate proper decisions.
- Implement Projects/ Improvement (electrical project/ PLC programming) to accommodate new product and/ or improve safety, operational quality and productivity.
- Perform Preventive, Corrective, Planned or Breakdown Maintenance/Calibration on equipment.
- Ability to understand interaction of equipment and systems, and diagnose mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic problems.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing operation with strong technical skill set.
- Strong coaching and communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Experience as a team member within a project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of PLCs is a must, Allen Bradley preferred
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
- 4-7 years of mechanical experience is preferred, minimum acceptable is a technical or mechanical aptitude and previous experience in the packaging industry or from previous mechanical background working on equipment.
What You’ll Love About his job:
- Working as a team member, coaching/training others, and supporting production
- Great work life balance environment
- Awesome benefits and onsite company store
- Contribution on the team helps obtain a quarterly bonus
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
*Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.