Specialist-Family Services Senior - JO Center for Good Grief
Jonesboro, AR, USA · Jonesboro, AR, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Provides a wide array of social work/counseling services to patients and families of all ages, including performing psychosocial assessments, and providing supportive counseling to enhance coping with grief and loss, and developing and coordinating discharge plans to ensure continuity of care. Instrumental in developing and implementing services, education, and special projects. May be asked to resolve issues occuring on all shifts, 7 days a week. Reports to Executive Director. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Utilizes social work skills by conducting psychosocial assessments of patients and families of all ages to determine support needs.
- Provides supportive counseling to individuals, families and groups to address identified concerns and to enhance understanding of, coping with, and adjustment to illness/hospitalization.
- Maintains current knowledge of and accessibility to community resources, placement facilities, and financial agencies to meet patient and family needs.
- Complies with policies that support patient's fundamental right to considerate care, protect their personal dignity and respect their cultural, psychosocial and spiritual values in an effort to meet patient's care needs and preferences.
- Takes a lead in program development and implementation of services to individuals, groups, and camps.
- Provides education and guidance on therapeutic interventions to team members.
- Manages special projects and events as assigned by Executive Director
- Completes all assigned goals
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Preferred: TN -- prefer LPC or LCSW Marriage & Family Therapy Certification Play Therapy Certification Thanatology Certification
Minimum: TN -- MSW or Master's in Counseling
Preferred: 8 years of experience in clinical social work/counseling
Minimum: 5 year experience in a medical/clinical setting.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: Advanced communication, conflict management, organizational and planning skills. Basic computer literacy skills.
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 14393 - Specialist-Family Services Senior
Facility: BMH - NEA Hospital
Department: JO Center for Good Grief
Category: Social Services
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas metro area