Coder 3 - MG CBO Coding
Memphis, TN, USA · Jonesboro, AR, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Codes diagnoses and procedures of patient records and abstracting information for reimbursement, research, and to generate statistical data. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Codes diagnoses and procedures of records.
- Abstracts information by reviewing records for reimbursement, statistical purposes for the daily operations, medical staff, and regulatory agencies.
- Serves as a resource to physicians, physician office staff, clinical documentation specialists, case managers, etc.
- Completes assigned goals.
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Minimum: Skill in communicating clearly and effectively using standard English in written, oral and verbal format to achieve high productivity and efficiency. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately as necessary to perform job duties.
Minimum: Skill and proficiency in coding inpatient and outpatient (ancillary, emergency department, outpatient surgery, etc.) records utilizing ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 through 3 years experience in an acute care facility.
Minimum: ICD-9-CM Coding CPT-4 Coding
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 5285 - Coder 3
Facility: NEA-Baptist Clinic
Department: MG CBO Coding
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas metro area