Dosimetrist - JO Radiation Oncology NEA Baptist Jonesboro
Collierville, TN, USA · Jonesboro, AR, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Follows written directive of the physician to generate radiation dose distributions and dose calculations in collaboration with the physician and medical physicist, using radiotherapy treatment planning procedures and equipment to localize the tumor and other critical structures; performs procedures and or treatments for patients by utilizing ionizing radiation, other imaging modalities, and/or other equipment in order to aid in the localization an/or treatment of disease. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Verifies patient information.
- Coordinates procedure/treatment plan.
- Implements procedure/treatment plan.
- Evaluates the procedure/treatment plan.
- Organizes and documents all aspects of assigned patient care to ensure accurate and timely performance of radiation therapy procedures.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities to ensure that patient care is consistent with established standards.
- Contributes to a positive work environment and the overall team effort of the department.
- Completes assigned goals.
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Minimum: Certified by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB)
Preferred: 5 or more years
Minimum: 3 years
Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: BLS CERTIFICATION WITHIN 14 DAYS OF HIRE;CMD
Minimum: Advanced computer literacy skills.
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 2530 - Dosimetrist
Facility: BMH-NEA Hospital
Department: JO Radiation Oncology NEA Baptist Jonesboro
Category: Radiology & Imaging
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas metro area