Information Systems - Data & Analytics Engineer II
Information Systems - Data & Analytics Engineer II
Welcome to Hytrol Careers
The Data & Analytics Architect II is a technical member within the Information Technology Data group that is responsible for the technical standards, architectural design, development, and delivery of analytical capabilities. They help develop and execute the data and enterprise architecture strategy. They serve as a critical and collaborative member of the team to establish best practices, ensure code quality, and engage in mentoring opportunities. This role is core to building digital capabilities and driving innovation within the organization. The role requires the ability to flex between technical engineering of the platform and direct working knowledge creating data science applications as a user of the platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Accountable for the design, engineering, security, compliance, release management, governance, fiscal management, product roadmap, and service / operational oversight of data visualization platforms.
2. Relationship management and oversight of external partners / technology suppliers (including software license, solution providers, and cloud hosting agreements.
3. Fiscal management of platform infrastructure, software, and service providers.
4. Participate in innovation efforts and proof of concepts for emerging technologies.
5. Extend the architecture runway for our development teams by operationalizing and leading the adoption of selected technologies.
6. Partner with senior leaders to understand business objectives and influence solution pattern to standard enterprise analytics pattern.
7. Lead enterprise-wide data visualization technical oversight and mentorship for geographically dispersed colleagues and contracted team members.
8. Technical coordination and collaboration with Hytrol's Information Technology service providers both within and outside the AIDA team: Integration Partners, Technical Architects, Software Engineering, and Enterprise Platform and Security teams.
9. Partner with User Success team to maintain key informational content, drive platform adoption, and champion a strong user community.
10. Foster an engineering culture of high performance, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
11. Oversee the operations of enterprise data visualization platforms that will include PowerBI, potential future investments environments in other technologies, and supporting self-service tenants.
12. Automate operation, installation, and monitoring of the data visualization platform components in our infrastructure stack.
13. Manage and resolve critical support issues with a high degree of technical complexity.
14. Ensure document knowledge in the form of incident notes, technical articles, and contributions to knowledge bases or forums within specific areas of expertise.
15. Measure and monitor service and support performance and health (SLAs, KPIs, etc.).
16. Collaborate with software engineering and support teams on platform lifecycle management.
17. Develop and maintain operational runbooks and training curricula for support team.
18. Function as the capability lead and product owner for the Data Visualization platform that serves a diverse group of colleagues - ranging from novice business analysts to expert data scientists - across the enterprise.
19. Work with technology vendors, support resources, delivery partners, Hytrol stakeholders, and apply emerging and traditional technologies for analytics improvements in support of enterprise analytics platform strategy.
20. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
•Software development or engineering background, or modern data analytics experience
•Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
•3 years of professional experience
•3-5 years engineering or technical role experience, ideally involving a complex and rapidly evolving software/product
•1-5 years of experience with BI and data visualization development and/or platform management
•Proven record of executive level presentations and ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and partners
•Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning modern technologies
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical individuals as needed
•Deep interest and enthusiasm for transformative data visualization and insight generation
•Experience with BI platforms like Tableau, Spotfire, PowerBI, or similar tools
•Strong Windows and/or Linux system administration experience
•Comfort working with and reading code
•Experience working with at least one type of relational database and SQL
•Direct experience and proficiency with Microsoft Azure DevOps and information tools - e.g., SharePoint, Teams, Azure Data Lake, etc.
•Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop, and coach others, oversee, and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create measurable business impact
•Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud platforms for Data Lake, IIOT, Business Intelligence, AI, and ML (Machine Learning)
•Working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or other analytical tools
•Knowledge in data engineering solutions using streaming data technologies
•Strong knowledge in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems like INFOR, Epicor, or Microsoft Dynamics
Education & Experience:
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field.
Experience: 2-5 years of experience in data architecture in a highly analytical and technical role with knowledge of best practices across data related disciplines and technologies, particularly enterprise-wide data architectures, data management, data lakes, data warehousing and business intelligence.
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four-year college degree and up to 6 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Thank you for visiting our careers page.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $61,285.00
- Max Hiring Rate $104,007.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Hytrol St, Jonesboro, AR 72401, USA