Food Bank of Northeast Arkansas
The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist provides exceptional customer service to all visitors and guests. This position is responsible for maintaining the flow of information for the organization, monitoring visitor logs for security, and undertaking a range of administrative tasks as identified by management.
- Answer telephone. Screen calls and direct them to appropriate staff members.
- Direct messages to appropriate staff members using the voice mail system. If a staff member’s voice mail box is full, take a detailed message to give to the staff member. Let the staff member know that their voice mail box is full.
- Update main message and directory of employees and extensions on phone system and with Ritter Communications as needed.
- Collect mail from the Post Office daily; Collect and prepare outgoing mail to take to Post Office.
- Sort incoming payments and donations according to type. Provide appropriate documentation with deposit records; include any notes or grant award letters received.
- Mail lockbox donations to the bank a minimum of once per week. Prepare lockbox letters for mailing.
- Take cash deposits to bank.
- Greet and sign-in all visitors, agencies, volunteers, and community service workers according to procedure. Notify relevant staff members of their guests’ arrival.
- Distribute materials (e.g. invoices, flyers, USDA Cards, etc.) to agencies after check-in.
- Check and sign for deliveries before informing the relevant staff member of their arrival.
- Manage room rental calendar. Handle contractual agreements, invoicing, setup, and breakdown of rooms.
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed for meetings and events—tablecloths, plates, napkins, plasticware, coffee, coffee cups, coffee lids, creamer, sugar, artificial sweetener, etc.
- Ensure Conference Room is ready for meetings. Keep cabinets stocked according to list.
- Handle paper and electronic documents, sort and classify content, maintain files precisely.
- Ensure donor and volunteer confidentiality by keeping documents safe and secure.
- Maintain security by monitoring sign-in logs.
- File documents as necessary.
- Sort in-coming mail, write or stamp the date received on the envelope(s), and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Perform general clerical duties as needed by Food Bank staff.
- Enter donations into Donor Perfect from deposit registers and generate appropriate letters and labels.
- Assist in preparing donor letters for mailing.
- Accept and weigh product donations. Complete donation paperwork and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Print agency pick up schedule and notify warehouse staff when agencies arrive to help coordinate order pickup. Assist with other administrative duties as requested.
- Complete monthly AIB inspection forms assigned to you.
- Follow and enforce AIB processes and procedures.
- Fulfill job duties as outlined in the Food Bank’s Disaster Plan.
- Maintain clean reception area.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to handle various projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to learn new software (Primarius and DonorPerfect).