Staff Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Families, Inc. Counseling Services
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will evaluate clients in order to diagnose and treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders and will establish and follow up with medication regimen if warranted by evaluation.
- Provides direct medical services to clients in the form of medication evaluations and medication follow-ups that include prescribing practices that are in accordance with applicable law and with current medical standards of the community.
- Documents the delivery of direct medical services in the medical record in accordance with recordkeeping requirements.
- Provides indirect medical services through the review of required documentation to include Intake Assessments, Treatment Plans, SED/ SMI Certifications and ADHD Certifications in accordance with recordkeeping requirements. Note: Required documentation may vary periodically.
- Collaborates with physicians, psychologists, social workers, counselors, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and client progress.
- Orders necessary laboratory or diagnostic tests and reviews results for appropriate follow-up.
- Observes and complies with reasonable policies, procedures, and rules.
- Available by phone after hours if crisis situation warrants or arranges for substitute coverage.
- Complies with all standards and guidelines found in the Professional Services Agreement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensed as a Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist (MHCNS) or Psychiatric Mental Health Advanced Nurse Practitioner (PMHANP) in the state of Arkansas.
Required: Ability to maintain confidentiality. Ability to effectively communicate with clients, clinical staff, and support staff and administrative staff. Travel may be required.
Preferred: Proficient computer skills, excellent spelling and grammar skills.