Specialist-Physician Referral - NE Switchboard Enterprise Dr
Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation
Memphis, TN, USA · Jonesboro, AR, USA
Posted on Monday, August 28, 2023
To greet patients, obtain correct information and verify insurance. To secure referral information, medical reports and patient diagnostic test results. To check in and check out patients and schedule patient appointments. Collection of patients' financial obligation for services rendered and scheduling of follow-up patient appointments. To pull charts for next day appointments and to make deposits for previous day's activity.
- Greet and check-in patients, verify patient information, insurance documents, referrals and enter changes into computer.
- Answer phone, make appointments and follow-up appointments and take messages for physicians and other clinic staff. Sort and distribute mail on a daily basis.
- Pull charts for next day appointments and make new charts for new patients. File charts or patient information as needed and look for lost charts.
- Enter data into GPMS database as needed.
- Provide back-up support for other office positions; re: insurance follow-ups, referrals, etc.
- Complete forms for clinic and patients on an as needed basis.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Minimum: High School education helpful with on the job training and knowledge of front office protocols.
Minimum: The ability to make and file medical records in accordance to filing procedures. Ability to use copier, fax machine, printer, computer and telephone. The skills to meet and greet numerous patients on a daily basis.
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 12206 - Specialist-Physician Referral
Facility: NEA-Baptist Clinic
Department: NE Switchboard Enterprise Dr
Category: Administrative Non Clinical Support
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas metro area