Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation
Memphis, TN, USA · Jonesboro, AR, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Responsible for dispatch and/or transport of blood and other specimens. Assists the laboratory staff with clerical and technical tasks indirectly related to the delivery of quality patient care, for the purpose of diagnostic testing. May perform CLIA waived laboratory testing. Performs routine duties in the lab. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all specimen collection and preservation requirements, media requirements and storage.
- Demonstrates proficiency in receiving specimens in the lab.
- Follow accreditation standards, regulatory agency requirements and institutional policies.
- Accurate and complete patient identification requirements, using at least three (3) unique patient identifiers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in recording and retrieving laboratory data.
- Timely distribution of samples.
- Proficiency in specimen tracking.
- Proficiency in reference lab specimen requirements, receiving and processing.
- Proficiency in loading and unloading of blood culture bottles and performing CLIA waived tests.
- Assists customers, including answering phones and responding to customer inquiries
- Cleans and maintains laboratory supplies and work area
- Assists with training and educating new employees and students
- Completes assigned goals.
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Minimum: Certification/Degree in the following areas which include, but are not limited to medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical or biological or equivalent years of experience and education.
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 18138 - Associate-Clinical Laboratory
Facility: BMH-NEA Hospital
Department: JO Path General NEA Baptist Jonesboro
Category: Laboratory & Pathology
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: Rotating
Located in the Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas metro area