RN-Head Nurse - JO 4 West NEA Baptist Jonesboro
Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation
Memphis, TN, USA · Jonesboro, AR, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
The Head Nurse is responsible for overseeing patient care, staff management and day to day operations of a specific department or nursing unit. Coordinates and provides care utilizing the critical thinking framework known as the nursing process. The nursing process forms the foundation of the nurse's decision making to help partner with patients/families to attain, maintain and restore health whenever possible. Blends caring, compassion, knowledge and integrity to provide safe quality care that preserves patient autonomy, dignity and rights. Assists manager by providing clinical leadership for nursing employees on an assigned unit to maintain continuity of nursing care in conjunction with the hospital/nursing mission, goals, policies and procedures. Works in collaboration with the Manager/Director/CNO to ensure goal attainment.system standard jd
- Interpret, review, and combine diagnostic data relevant to the patient's current condition.
- Collaborates with nursing leadership and other disciplines to identify opportunities for department improvements and drive change.
- Intervenes and provides guidance and direction during life threatening situations.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and expected outcomes.
- Implements innovative works processes that improve patient outcomes.
- Participates in clinical leadership activities such as coaching, counseling, mentoring, hiring, firing, yearly performance evaluations, staffing, payroll, and productivity.
- Participates in activities designed to improve health care delivery.
- Communicates/collaborates with others in providing patient care.
- Supports life-long learning.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Minimum: Minimum of 2 years experience on current unit or in like setting/specialty area.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
Minimum: RN; BLS CERTIFICATION WITHIN 14 DAYS OF HIRE
Minimum: Computer literacy
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ's three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
At Baptist, We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation/time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Generous retirement plan
- Health insurance, including dental and vision
- Sick leave
- Service awards
- Free parking
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Education assistance/continuing education
- Employee referral program
Position: 7385 - RN-Head Nurse
Facility: BMH-NEA Hospital
Department: JO 4 West NEA Baptist Jonesboro
Category: Nurse RN
Type: Clinical Nurse
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Weekend Nights
Located in the Jonesboro and Northeast Arkansas metro area