CNC Set up Operator - 2nd Shift (RussellStoll)
CNC Set up Operator - 2nd Shift (RussellStoll)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. The role reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Jonesboro, Arkansas. As a 2nd shift Russell Stoll CNC Set up Operator, you will be learning about, operate, repair and maintain machines. Do you enjoy active work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on manufacturing processes? If so, we think our team would be a great fit for you! In the position of “machine setup operator.” You will play a crucial role in maintaining client partnerships, ensuring customer satisfaction with our products and helping our company meet its production targets. In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience with a diverse array of machines and become part of a knowledgeable and supportive team. This position offers plenty of opportunities for you to grow within an industry-leading company. This position works 10 hour shifts Monday - Thursday, with OT as needed to meet customer demand.
- Submit accurate, legible, and on time floor documentation
- Adapt to high and low volume applications accordingly on machines
- Support floor operations with minimal supervision
- Troubleshoot equipment with minimal assistance (identifying problems with tooling, machine adjustments such as speed, feed rates, program offsets)
- Perform machine change overs
- Perform daily preventative machine maintenance
- Assisting maintenance or tool and die team with machine repairs
- Operate forklifts
- Other assigned duties
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 months of related experience / training or combination
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities (different machine, product, volume, or team)
- Ability to learn, understand and follow company requirements for employee safety, product quality and productivity
- Ability to read and comprehend safety rules, operating / maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to present information to individuals or groups by reports or correspondence
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide whole numbers, use fractions, decimals, and compute rate, ratio, and percent into bar graphs
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed written or verbal instruction
- Ability to solve problems in a standardized situation with some variables
- Ability to handle chemicals safely (oil, hydraulic fluid, and coolant)
- Ability to work in a high noise environment that requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling, and lifting or pushing weights up to 50 pounds
- Flexible in terms of shift scheduling, including scheduling for overtime and holiday shifts
- Have a prior working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- 1 plus years of experience with mechanical repairs or similar field
- 1 plus years of experience with machine control applications such as motion commander.
- 1 year certification from technical college and 1-3 years of experience operating machines in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Have a strong commitment and ability to follow health and safety rules and procedures and utilize all required safety equipment
- Detail oriented with good analytical and communication skills
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US88885875_E1