Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. The role reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Jonesboro, Arkansas. As a Machine Operator, you will be learning about, operate, repair and maintain machines. Do you enjoy active work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on manufacturing processes? If so, we think our team would be a great fit for you! In the position of “machine operator.” You will play a crucial role in maintaining client partnerships, ensuring customer satisfaction with our products and helping our company meet its production targets. In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience with a diverse array of machines and become part of a knowledgeable and supportive team. This position offers plenty of opportunities for you to grow within an industry-leading company. This position works 10 hour shifts Monday - Thursday, with OT as needed to meet customer demand.
- Run and meet standards of safety, production, and quality while operating specialty machinery to fabricate, manufacture, assemble, or move products
- Conduct quality checks by inspecting parts with precision and measuring tools such as calipers and micrometers
- Maintain activity and production logs on each shift to keep records of approved and defective parts and final product counts
- Perform daily preventative machine maintenance
- Identify machine deficiencies and suggest solutions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year certification from technical college and 1 to 3 years of experience operating machines in a manufacturing environment.
- 1 to 3 months of related experience / training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced changing scenarios and priorities (different machine, product, volume, or team)
- Ability to learn, understand and follow company requirements for employee safety, product quality and productivity
- Ability to multi-task (loading magazines with raw pipe, monitoring heat/temperature and mold operation, performing quality checks, packing out boxes, and maintaining production logs, etc)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, use fractions, decimals, compute rate, ratio, and percentages
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed written or verbal instruction
- Ability to solve problems in a standardized situation with some variables
- Ability to work in a high noise environment that requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling, and lifting or pushing weights up to 50 pounds
- Flexible in terms of shift scheduling, including scheduling for overtime and holiday shifts
- Have a prior working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery
- Have a strong commitment and ability to follow health and safety rules and procedures and utilize all required safety equipment
- Detail oriented with good analytical and communication skills
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US88876672_E1