2nd Shift Assembler
2nd Shift Assembler
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. The role reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Jonesboro, Arkansas. As a 2nd Shift Assembler, you will be responsible for assembling meal, plastic, and other components of electrical fittings. Parts are assembled and packed into containers using various hand tools and bench assembly. This position works 10 hour shifts Monday - Thursday, with OT as needed to meet customer demand.
- Safely complete tasks and participate in team safety programs
- Position parts according to unit being assembled or follow blueprint
- Fastens parts together with bolts, washers, screws, speed, clips, rivets, or other fasteners
- Removes small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts
- Operate hand tools, small presses, punch presses, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation
- Hand packs and seals assembled fittings and parts into containers for shipping
- Other duties as assigned
- High School or equivalent
- Able to read 2 or 3 syllable words and recognize similarities/differences between words and/or numbers
- Able to print
- One to three months related experience/training or combination
- Able to add, subtract 2 digit numbers and multiply/divide by 10 or 100 accurately
- Able to understand U.S. currency, weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Able to understand/perform detailed written/verbal instruction
- Able to maintain accuracy with variable in standardized situation
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdf https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US88890827_E1