Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. The role reports to the Maintenance Manager and is located in Jonesboro, Arkansas. As a Utility Worker, you will be learning about, operating, repairing and maintaining machines. you will be enjoying active working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on manufacturing processes. If so, we think our team would be a great fit for you! In the position of “utility operator” where you will work to provide safe and efficient support to the departments in the form of operations, waste removal, housekeeping, and preparation of packing containers. In this job, you will play a crucial role in maintaining client partnerships, ensuring customer satisfaction with our products and helping our company meet its production targets. In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience with a diverse array of machines and become part of a knowledgeable and supportive team. This position offers plenty of opportunities for you to grow.This position works 10 hour shifts Monday - Thursday, with OT as needed to meet customer demand.
- Assemble and pack boxes
- Assist in the waste management process to include scrap and trash removal and pallet distribution
- Delivers materials, tools, supplies, and assistance to work cells and saws
- Operation of saw equipment
- Operation of floor scrubber
- Operation of sump pump to remove and add coolant to CNC and other fabrication machinery
- Assist in general cleaning and maintenance of buildings and grounds to include painting, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, use fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced changing scenarios and priorities
- Ability to learn, understand and follow company requirements for employee safety, product quality and productivity
- Ability to solve problems in a standardized situation with some variables
- Ability to work in a high noise environment that requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling, and lifting or pushing weights up to 50 pounds
- Flexible in terms of shift scheduling, including scheduling for overtime and holiday shifts
- Have a strong commitment and ability to follow health and safety rules and procedures and utilize all required safety equipment
- Must be able to operate various lift trucks and other related equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of HAZCOM/ MSDS programs and procedures
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfAs an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US88494940_E1