2nd shift Assembler
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. The role reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Jonesboro, Arkansas.This position works 10 hour shifts Monday - Thursday, with OT as needed to meet customer demand.
- Support the unit in achieving the set production targets by adhering to the systems and processes
- Produces components by assembling parts
- Reads and deciphers schematics, blueprints, and assembly instructions
- Positions or aligns components and parts
- Assemble parts manually or with the use of light hand tools or machines
- Conducts quality control checks
- Cleans and maintains work area and equipment, including tools
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying parts lists and gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms
- Correctly use machinery and equipment on the shop floor
- Conducts all types of assembly work to produce a semi-finished or final products/systems/panel, including the packing where integrated with production lines
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- Attention to detail
- Should be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Able to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfAs an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US88422840_E1