Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Engineer, you will drive improvements in production of Electrification Installation Products (ELIP) in Jonesboro, Arkansas.Industrial Engineering includes the development of standards, processes and schedules and the utilization of facilities and staff to improve production, maintenance or related operations. It also encompasses work distribution and simplification, process flow and section layout.Under general guidance of supervisor or more experienced engineer, in this role,you will be responsible for performing various engineering duties requiring the exercise of judgment and application of standard engineering principles and practices. Pursue initiatives to improve effectiveness of the group and increase customer satisfaction.
- Perform various engineering tasks involving such functions as analysis, design, development, test, installation and service, while working from instructions, drawings, proposals, specifications and other pertinent information
- Prepare specifications and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats and general instructions
- Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, documents and reports
- Consult with other engineering groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application and recommend revisions, as appropriate
- Plan, conduct or coordinate relatively straight forward engineering analyses and tests and prepare related reports and summaries for review
- Participate in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and minimum 5 to 10 years of experience
- Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments
- Prefer experience with Press Stamping, Machining, Injection Mold, CNC, Machine Tooling, AutoCAD, Green Belt certified and proven Six Sigma/Lean background
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABBABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/EEOC_KnowYourRights_screen_reader_10_20.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdfAs an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner. #LI-Hybrid
Publication ID: US87490938_E1