Public Housing Secretary/Receptionist
Jonesboro Housing Authority
Public Housing Secretary/Receptionist responsibilities including accepting and recording payments utilizing the agency’s computer system, assisting clients, scheduling appointments, efficient and knowledgeable of email and word processing programs, ability to operate basic office machines, answering phone and providing high quality customer service. The person filling this position must have the ability to multi task, posses’ good organization skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely with clients, ability to collect money and maintain balance in records, ability to ask relevant questions, obtain and accurately record information, maintain confidentiality of client information. The position initates routine activities without supervisory direction. Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft office software. Must have valid driver’s license and eligibility for coverage under Authority’s fleet auto insurance. All qualified applicants will receive due consideration for employment without regard to race, age, religion, sex, color, national origin, disabled status, familial state, or sexual orientation. Qualified disabled persons shall not on the basis of their disability be subjected to discrimination in employment. Please send Resume’ to Sharon Spikes, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 870-935-6872, or via mail 330 Union Jonesboro, AR 72401. Phone calls will not be accepted. Job Requirements
• Must have at least one year of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office administration or any equivalent combination of the required experience.
• Must posses good fundamental understanding in all facets of clerical and receptionist responsibilities and be proficient in computerized programs.
• Must have a good understanding of spreadsheets (Excel especially).
• Knowledge of basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division) with speed and accuracy.
• Ability to gather information by examining records and documents.
• Ability to work accurately with names, numbers, codes, and/or symbols.
• Ability to assemble items of information in accordance with established procedures.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend in English language.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
• Ability to deal tactfully with others.
• Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
• Ability to exercise sound judgement.
• Ability to give oral and written instructions in a precise and understandable manner.
• Ability to make quick and accurate decisions based on emergency situations and established procedures.
• Must be able to sit or stand for up to eight hours at a time while performing work duties.
• Must be able to use fingers bilaterally and unilaterally to operate job-related equipment.
• Must have vision and hearing corrected to be able to perform essential job functions. • Must maintain punctuality and attendance as scheduled.
• Must be bondable, have a valid driver’s license and eligible for coverage under Authority’s fleet auto insurance. Salary $16,640 to $22,880 (depending on experience